Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jellybeanism

Well I wanted to post this last week, but Jellybean is like a butterfly flitting around. always has been and delightful to watch, and frustrating. I think she has alwasy had a boho spirit, with her curly hair flying. Now she is 14, and we have all kinds of things going on with the teenage hormone thing going on. here is my new jellybean "ism" as I call them the silly things she does and says.

Last week I stopped at a Holiday convience store, and gave her a 5 dollar bill. they had 44 oz drinks for 99 cents, I said Jellybean, get me a diet coke, no.....a diet dr pepper or if they don't have it get me a diet coke. Get yourself something to drink, whatever you want, and get me one of those jerkey sticks I like out of the tall jar.

Jellybean comes back and gives me my drink jerkey, and has a Mountain Dew, her favorite. When driving out, I taste mine and say what IS this. "Diet Pepsi". Um, jellybean where did you hear me say that, I said diet Dr Pepper, or Diet Coke. Jellybean "I got the diet part right". Teasingly, like I do, I tell her, well NOW you owe me a dollar so she reaches into the dash, and scoops up a dollar and some change to give me. I said "Hey that is my change." She said "I Know". I said you can't pay me back with my own money" and she giggles. I said I was kidding anyway. But it was funny. She is a funny kid.

1 comment: