Monday, August 23, 2010

Well I love summer, and it is coming to an end. I just received this recipe from a dear friend, and I plan on trying it. I will let everyone know how it turns out to me. Do you like Zucchini like I do? I love it, and at this time of year everyone is overflowing with it. I am a grateful recepient if you are tired of zucchini. if you try this before me drop me a line if you like it. her family loves it. I will try my hand at posting a picture when I get my chance to make it. Ciao baby.

 ZUCCHINI-CHEDDAR CHEESE BREAD


1/4 c. butter, melted

1 c. chopped onion

2 1/2 c. flour

1 tbsp. sugar

...1 tbsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

2 eggs

1/4 c. milk

1 c. shredded zucchini

1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

Melt butter in skillet. Saute onion, cool slightly. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning. Add onion mixture, eggs, milk and stir until ingredients are moistened. Press moisture from zucchini. Add to batter, mix in Cheddar cheese. Batter will be very stiff. Mix with hands. Spread batter in well-buttered 9-inch round cake pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.See More

11 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 1 person

You like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment