Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Allowance

Jellybean has been getting an allowance. On Fridays, if she has been doing her best to do her chores, she gets her allowance. But with the excietment of having the cash in hand, she does what most of us do, especially when we were 14. With good intentions, we will go to the store, and she impulse buys. She has handfuls of candy and junk and within a short time is broke again.

Well comething has changed. Jellybean has finally gotten tired of the impulse buys. With a little help from mom, when she finds things and sighs, I tell her she should save her money and she could buy that. Mom does NOT purchase things for Jellybean that aren't needs, and should have been bought with allowance instead of candy. Since then she has found things she wanted and then bought them with her allowance. if it is more than her allowance she saves.

But now she is showing even more maturity. She is "window shopping" when with me. And keeping track of what she wants on her own. When she got her allowance this time, she said, Mom can you take me to Walmart so I can get the pajamas I want? She saw them at walmart and loved them but didn't say anything. So off we went, with some things I needed to get her for school. I drove in my scooter to where she led me to the pajamas. She knew what color right away. And they are OP anc cute! She also is learning prices, she was excited to see the price was 9 dollars. She thought it was 11 dollars becasue she misred the price, the 11 dollars is for plus sizes. So she bought them and had money left over. Here she is proudly modeling her new pajamas she earned herself. Yes the leggings went wth it.

Love, Debstar

No comments:

Post a Comment